Tuesday, December 15, 2015

First female non Infantry qualified Drill Instructor will start training futureInfantrymen



Staff Sgt. Jael Landaverde, a military police officer assigned to 1st Brigade Combat Team, 1st Armored Division, poses while wearing her drill sergeant hat Dec. 3 outside the “Ready First” Brigade headquarters at East Fort Bliss. Landaverde is set to make history as one of the first female infantry drill sergeants.


"Landaverde, who took the Iron Drill award for earning the highest physical fitness test score of all the females – 298 out of a possible 300 points – is ready to pull her weight with the new recruits.
“When it comes to physical things, a lot of people have the mindset that females can’t keep up,” said Landaverde. 'Well, I’m going to keep up, especially in the ruck marches and the runs.'"

As was so adroitly pointed out by a SF Qualified friend of mine.

She scored a 298 on her PT test, it's not like she isn't in awesome physical condition.
48 Pushups (69 pts male)
82 Situps (100 pts male)
15:48 in the run (73 pts male)
Oh, that's only a score of 242 by the male standards. I assume that's not very good, but in 18 years in SF I never saw anybody score that low so I'm not positive. I do know that would have gotten her kicked out of my company.
I got this message from a friend who has been in the Infantry for the past 8 Years. Due to the fact that he is still active, I asked if I could share this, and leave his name out.

Just to piss you off a little more, [the same friend who is a Drill Instructor currently at Fort Benning, and told him about the non Infantry qualified female Infantry Drill Sgt) also told me that for "red phase", they now do all of their ruck marches and movements in running shoes to avoid "blisters and shin splints". [The Drill Instructors] are also required to give them 15 minutes "uninterrupted" for meals. I immediately got to work this morning and verified [these new standards] with my new privates and both are true.
Is the enemy going to give us time out for blisters? 
Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit. 
I look at my last deployment to Kunar, and I see no way 99% of females are climbing those mountains. But we have to be PC. I told my buddy yesterday, "I'm not a bitch, but I don't want to do a single combat deployment for the remainder of my career." 
I have no faith in the product they are pumping out of basic, and we have demonstrated that PC matters more than lethality. I never felt fear going into my last 3 [deployments], but if I got sent again I would feel genuine fear. And it's because I'm getting guys who can't ruck, can't land nav, cry when you yell at them, can't pass APFT, and soon females...trained by females who aren't even infantry.\ 
The military has going down the shitter. And this guy who has never worn a uniform took it upon himself to open not only "big Army", but also presumptuous enough to open up Special Operations?

This gives some weight to the consistent rumors throughout the combat arms community of the lowering of the standards. These standards have been incrementally lowered over the last few years in order to prepare for the inevitable and cowardly acquiescence of our leaders. 

The lowering (or you can use the new buzzword “efficient”) of standards over many years has allowed the leadership to say, without perjuring themselves that “women will meet the same standards as the men.”

No comments:

Post a Comment